TRAVEL INSURANCE PRODUCTS
We care about your personal data.
AWP Services (Thailand) Company Limited, which having its registered office at 7th Floor, City Link Tower, 1091/335, Soi Petchaburi 35, New Petchburi Road, Makkasan Sub-District, Rajthevi District, Bangkok 10400, Thailand (“we”, “us”, “Company,” “our”, “Company’s”), under Allianz Partners Group, is an intermediary in Thailand licensed to distribute insurance products such as Travel Insurance, Extending Warranty for Motor Vehicles and Electrical Appliances, etc.; including services related to insurance products on behalf of insurance companies, such as Insurance Information Management Service, Call Center Service, Compensation Management Service; including providing emergency assistance services such as Emergency Roadside Assistance Service, Emergency Medical Assistance Services, Emergency Evacuation of Patients, etc., under the trade names of “Allianz Partners” or “Allianz Assistance” or “Allianz Care” or “Allianz Travel” or “Mondial Assistance” or “Allianz Automotive”. Therefore, the protection of your personal data is extremely important to us. This Privacy Notice describes the details, purposes, methods and types of personal data that will be collected, processed, used, protected and disclosed to other parties. So please carefully read and thoroughly understand this Privacy Notice in detail.
Personal data collected from you by us.
We collect your personal data directly from you through provided information by you, your interaction, access, use and experience in connection with our website, products, merchandise and services. Moreover, we may receive your personal data directly from you, contract parties, business partners or third party sources. Therefore, the type of personal data we collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer will depend on the nature of the websites, products, goods, services or how you interact with us. The Company collects, uses, processes, discloses, send or transfer the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact details such as first and last name, address, e-mail address, delivery location, your contact phone number, place of work or the place you wish the company to provide service to you.
- Demographic information such as date of birth, ID card number, Passport number, Social Security card number, Driver’s license number, Tax ID, age, gender, nationality, country, interests, likes and interests.
- Employment information such as position, occupation, work history, benefits under employment contracts, etc.
- Payment information or payment method, such as the number of the payment instrument (such as a credit card number), the security code associated with the payment instrument, bank account number.
- Vehicle information such as brand, model, year of manufacture, etc.; including vehicle insurance details, owner’s name, driver name.
- Information about the products, goods and services you have purchased, such as details and type of purchase, service request asking for help, feedback, complaints, solutions, discussions between the Company and you or any activities related to your customer status.
- Evidence of references such as passwords, password hints, and security information used to authenticate or access your MyAccount.
- Log access to or access to the website (cookies) and tracking information such as IP address, device identifier, location information, browser type, language, access time, Uniform Resource Locator (URL), unique identifiers and other technical data that may be used to identify your particular device, system, or browser.
The Company may collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer “Sensitive Personal Data” about yousuch as health information, health risks or a history of infection with the COVID-19 virus, etc., to present products and/or service, perform obligation of the contract, or perform any duties as required by law.
In addition, the Company will process information in a non-identifiable manner for tracking or analyzing information about the use of the website of the Company
How do we collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer your personal data?
The Company will collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer the personal data you provide to the Company, and the Company received from the contract party, business partner or third-party resources for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice with your express consent unless the relevant laws, stipulations or regulations do not stipulate that the Company need to ask for your express consent. Please consider the information below:
|Objectives/Activities||Does the Company need your express consent?|
|Contacting you to provide contractual services, including products, goods, services or assistance that you request, want, need or are interested in.||Not Required|
|Performance of rights and duties under the contract, including improving the quality of the products, goods, services or assistance of the Company||Not Required|
|Follow-up and demand for debt repayment (Debt Recoveries)||Not Required|
|Prevention and detection of fraud, corruption, crook or any illegal act which negatively affect the Company||Not Required|
|Performance of contractual duties and/or required by law (such as taxation, accounting and administrative duties).||Not Required|
|Diversification through reinsurance and co-insurance.||Not Required|
|Permission to others parties in the Allianz Partners Group companies and third parties designated by the Company to notify or contact you of new products, goods and services that the Company considers you may be interested in referring to your choice of marketing activities. You may change such interest options at any time by contacting the Company as stated in this Privacy Notice.||Required|
|For the benefit of automatic decision making, including collecting more data (profiling) for credit scoring purposes, creating an experience that is unique to you (by offering a products, goods, services or assistance, marketing information and offers tailored to you), and making other decisions about you using computer technology such as evaluating which products, goods, services or assistance are most appropriate for you.||Required However, at the present, the Company has no plan to use an automated decision-making tool yet.|
The Company will collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer personal data received from you for various purposes specified in this Privacy Notice only. In the event that the Company has indicated that the Company does not require your express consent, the Company will collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer your personal data on a basis as necessary for the benefit of a contract or in accordance with the law, performance of the Company’s legal duties; or for completeness in the event that the Company acting in the sale and provision of services relating to products, goods, services or assistance; or to improve the quality of our products, goods, services or assistance. The Company is obliged to collect, use, process, disclose, transmit or transfer your personal data if you request, wish, or require, or interested in purchasing or receiving services related to the Company’s products, goods, services or assistance. If you do not provide such personal data to the Company, the Company may not be able to offer, provide or supply such products, goods, services or assistance. All of this is to provide to meet your specific needs.
Who has access to your personal data?
The Company will also take steps to ensure that your personal data is collected, used, processed, disclosed, transmitted or transferred in accordance with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. As a result, only persons expressly assigned by the Company will have the right to access your personal data. Your personal data may be used, processed, disclosed, or transmitted, transferred to individuals acting as data processors. (This includes persons performing duties as sub-processors under the supervision of the Company such as any other persona in the Allianz Partners Group companies or a third party designated by the Company, or a person who provides any service to the Company, etc.) due to the sale and provision of services relating to products, goods, services or assistance, or to improve the quality of the Company’s products, goods, services or assistance. However, some persons may be in foreign countries as follows:
- Government agencies, state agencies including officials and employees who are authorized by various laws.
- Insurer, co-insurer, reinsurer, intermediary/insurance broker, and various banks.
- Financial or technical advisor, auditors, experts, lawyers, claim negotiators, doctors, service centers/repairs transportation service provider, roadside assistance service provider, and other service providers (such as claims service, information technology management service, postal service, or document management service, etc.).
- Service providers of promotional and marketing, advertising and public relations channels to contact and send you information, news and details about products, goods and services based on the communication options you have provided as permitted by law. The Company will not transmit your personal data to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
The Company may disclose, transmit, or transfer your personal data in various cases as follows:
- In the event that there is a plan or proceeding to restructure, merger, divestment, joint venture, grant, transfer or disposition by any other means, whether all or any part of the business, assets or shares of the Company (as well as in the bankruptcy process or other similar proceedings), and
- To perform legal duties, including sending it to the relevant panel in the event that you complain about any products, goods, services or assistance you have purchased from the Company.
Where will the processing of your personal data be performed?
Your personal data will be processed in Thailand. However, for the management of information technology and data protection, the operations and business of the Company, its customers, contractual parties, business partners, including your personal data, the company has disclosed, transmitted, and transferred all such data to others in the Allianz Partners Group companies which are located both within Thailand and abroad, including inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The Company has also assigned other persons in the Allianz Partners Group companies to process all of the Company’s data. These persons have adequate standards for data protection (including your personal data), and the Company has controlled its operations under a confidentiality agreement, data security management in accordance with Data Protection laws and regulations, or any applicable Personal Data Protection laws. Whereby the Company will not disclose, transmit and transfer your personal data to any person who does not have the authority to process such data.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the following applicable statutory rights:
- Access your personal data held by the Company, including knowing its acquisition, purpose and termination of processing, details about the data controller data processor and the person who has been disclosed or received data transfer.
- Withdraw your consent at any time when the processing of your personal data requires your express consent.
- Always update, change or correct your personal data.
- Delete your personal data from the Company’s database when there is no more need for various purposes.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data and give time to the company in order to verify such accuracy and completeness before use.
- Request your personal data in electronical form to be delivered to you or your new insurer; and
- Complain to the Company and/or relevant personal data protection agencies.
You may exercise these rights by adjusting your privacy options settings in the process of creating an online account with the Company (if applicable) or by contacting the Company with the contact details below with name and surname, address, email, telephone number, account identity, and complete your needs, so that the company will be able to contact you and fulfil your request.
How can you object to the processing of your personal data?
To the extent permitted by applicable laws or regulations, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, or inform the company to stop such processing of your personal data (including for various direct marketing purposes). Once you have notified the Company of such request, the Company will no longer process your personal data except as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may act in the same manner as exercising your other rights as set forth in this Privacy Notice, or as permitted by law.
How long will the Company retain your personal data?
The Company will retain your personal data for a period of 7 (seven) years from the date the contractual relationship between you and the Company has ended, except in cases where it is necessary to keep the data longer, or as permitted or required by law. However, the Company will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary, and the Company will only retain it for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice.
How can you contact the Company?
If you wish to exercise ownership rights of personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, or if you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at this e-mail: Dataprivacy-TH@allianz.com or send a letter/document to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Professional
AWP Services (Thailand) Company Limited, which having its registered office at
7th Floor, City Link Tower, 1091/335, Soi Petchaburi 35, New Petchburi Road,
Makkasan Sub-District, Rajthevi District, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Updates to the Privacy Notice
The Company regularly reviews this Privacy Notice, and there may be amendments, additions, changes or improvements in whole or in part to be in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, including the revised edition and related notices. The Company will publish the latest effective version of the Privacy Notice on the Company’s website (https://thaiairways-insurance.com/en/privacy-notice-en/), and the Company will notify you directly of any material changes and adverse effects on you.
Last update date: 1 April 2022